Wednesday, September 2, 2009

SGF viewer and a good game

Finally I've embedded a SGF viewer to the blog (thanks to the comment Koji made to my previous entry). I decided to inaugurate this digital wonder by showing a game I played in ranked 19x19 against gogo76 [20k]. I enjoyed this game, not only because I won but because it's rare I find a game against someone of about equal kyu. I'm not ready to take on those tough guys and gals in ranked games yet. I still need lots of practice. I want to give credits to Gludion for the SGF viewer.


I might pick up stones manually tomorrow if I play my first real life game of Go with pel [3k], but more of that after it actually happens. I'm also currently reading Richard Bouzlich's The Second Book of Go as well as James Davies' Life and Death. I'll soon make an entry about my reflections about the literature.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know about the shape called "Empty Triangle"? It is usually an inefficient shape. I counted many empty triangles in the game you played here. Look back at moves that created empty triangles and think about why they might not be needed, or what other move you could have made that might have been better.
    Also - have you found Sensei's Library yet?
    http://senseis.xmp.net - this is a good place to look up terms like...Empty Triangle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing out my Empty Triangles. I wasn't familiar with the term but will definitely look it up. I got linked to Sensei's Library on my first day of playing btw. ^^

    It's a great site.

    ReplyDelete